Salam...

"Personal musing inspired by past and ongoing experiences of my life…depicting how I feel and what comes hereafter. However it may also revolves around my personal whishes, hopes and beliefs which I often in doubt and wondering... what is the meaning of life.."

Total Pageviews

Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2026

How do you feel about having a stupid spouse?

A friend once told me, “My partner is so stupid.”

I just nodded. Not because I agreed, but because, deep down, I was thinking the same thing. He he.

But I always think that in every marriage, there has to be one “stupid” person. If it’s not your partner, then maybe it’s you. Surely both of you can’t be the genius, right? 

Even in love, sometimes you need one person to be a little less clever. That’s what keeps things balanced. And by “stupid,” I don’t mean someone who didn’t go to university or only has an SPM. I even have friends with PhDs who can be pretty stupid sometimes. Gituew...

To me, being stupid means not knowing how to appreciate people, not recognising a diamond when you see one, thinking short-term, being selfish, and not knowing when to use your common sense.

And honestly, people like that aren’t hard to find. Just look at politicians. Hehehe.

So I told my friend, “Be patient.” That’s one of the keys to marriage...and to life.

We will meet people we think are smart, people we think are stupid, beautiful people, not-so-beautiful people, kind people, annoying people… all according to our own perspective.

Besides, being smart doesn’t automatically make someone a good partner or guarantee happiness. We chose them even though we think they’re stupid. And they chose us even though, perhaps, they think we’re even more stupid. 

And the really smart ones? Well… they might not want us either.

I said this while licking the donut in my hand.

Abang Jan: That’s love. Sometimes you don’t need to find the smartest person. You just need to find someone who is willing to be stupid together with you. 













No comments:

Kadang-kadang

Kadang-kadang apabila realiti tidak menjadi, muncullah fantasi...

Home